10 January 2010

What size are your knitting needles today?

I got an email from a Facebook friend telling me that I should write the color of my bra as my status. (It was "nearly nude" that day -- fun color!) No one knows exactly where it started, but what might have started out as another case of "slactivism" turned into a news story that did, indeed, raise awareness of breast cancer and the importance of screening. Only through Facebook, I think, could something go viral and capture national (and international) attention.

So, I'm wondering whether we should try to raise awareness of knitting by constantly posting the size of our needles for whatever project we're working on today. We'll say we're doing it to raise awareness of . . . carpal tunnel syndrome. Yep, that'll be a good one! :)

No comments: